11.10.2008

The New Little Man In My Life

So...he gave in and we have a new boy in the house.  

His name is Buddy Smalls, or just Smalls for short. Yes, like " You're killing me Smalls!"(from the Sandlot).  Only a few times have I really wanted to say that, but its just funny enough that you can't help but laugh afterwards!

His story? He's ten months old and came from a litter of 6 brothers and sisters.  Tragically his mom was hit by a car when he was young so his first family held on to him a little longer than normal.  He came to us with the name Rancher, but it just didn't fit him (or us for that matter).

A few of his favorite things?  Well he's a pretty good sock thief.  As soon as I pull the drawer open, he is in for the grab and off with the sock.  He could sit all day and let you rub his back, belly, ears, really anything. He just loves a good back rub. 

A few things I love?! He will fall asleep in your hands.  Several times I've started to pet his sweet face and he just falls asleep with his head in my hands.  He's a lover boy.  Loves to be near me, and when invited loves to be all up snuggling in my neck. He gets really excited to see me when I return home from work. 

A few things we're working on.  Well all of the basics. Sit. Come. His name. How to be friendly and not afraid of everyone we live with. How to eat a meal in one sitting rather than snacking all day long. And not having to show the world that I'm a little man 
(aka marking his territory at my mom's house). 


Although Jose may tell you differently, I think he's sold already. 

5 comments:

Magadan Clan said...

What a pretty baby! Can't wait to meet Buddy.

JRev said...

his name is ONLY Smalls... not buddy Smalls.

Anonymous said...

awwww hes so cute .. but not as cute as izzy .. he seems like a really nice dog can't wait to meet him someday .


p.s. i love that pic of my bro and the dog .

Anonymous said...

hes a cute dog but not as cute as izzy thou .. but he looks like he would be fun to cuddle with ..love that pic of my bro and the dog .. cant wait to meet my new nephew lol .

Sarah said...

Cute pics! Jose looks good with a dog on his arm. :)