7.23.2008

What I like..


There are a lot of things that I enjoy in this life, but here are a few I enjoy more than others...

1.  Having a dog.  More importantly, having Izzy around...
2.  I enjoy my Mac.  Once you go Mac, you never go back. (Ok sorry, it has to be cheesy!)
3. I enjoy a good meal.  I enjoy trying new foods and sharing new foods with other people.
3.5  I have become really fond of soy milk and soy yogurt!
4.  I enjoy good friends.  We had some great friends stop through and visit us this week.  You can make new friends, but you definitely can't replace the old ones!
5. I love Youth Ministry!...

The middle of July I was in San Antonio Texas...it was hot.  A very nice city to visit. Save up your money and stay on the
 Riverwalk, enjoy some fine dining.  If you need someone to help you with your way around, look up Darrell at the Rio Rio, he listed "Special Services" on his business card.  All kidding aside, I was down there on a "business" trip. By business I mean I was down representing Anderson University at IYC (International Youth Conference for the Church of God).  5,500 or so youth were there plus their youth leaders and other random people. ( We kept the Riverwalk poppin'! )  We were there to work a booth to represent AU as we are a Church of God College and we recruit many students who are in CHOG (thats church of God for future reference) youth ministries.  

I have been out of ministry for the past 6 months and I forgot how great it is.  I sat in the main sessions of this youth conference, and I was in heaven.  My heaven at least, will be full of youth grasping onto a God who is HUGE. 
 To worship with 5,500 youth literally takes my breath away! It is a good reminder of what I am called to do in this life.  It is to love on kids, let them know the Savior that has redeemed me is right there waiting to redeem them, to make them whole again, to create someone new in them. I was challenged that week by the speakers.  Not only by their messages, but by their passion for the Lord and what he has done in their lives.  I don't think I share it as much as I should and with enough passion.  




So these next few months, as Jose and I embark on a new chapter in our lives and living in a dorm, I am going to be praying.  I am going to remember.  I am going to live out the passion inside of me, rather than keeping it all to myself. I'm going to do what I was called to do! I'm going to love on students.

No comments: