8.28.2008

What a day!

Phew!!! College Freshmen have junk! Seriously! and they think they can squeeze their entire house (including the kitchen sink) into a room that is near 9ft by 5 ft. (ok maybe a bit bigger, but not much!) But they do show some great ingenuity and end up configuring everything to their taste and create a successful living area of their choice!

Today was freshmen move in day. There was such a great buzz on campus. Excitement, stress, anxiousness, independence, anticipation, and maybe some saddness. I had a conversation with a younger brother (yeah! I was doing my job today!!) of a incoming freshmen girl. He was excited for her but said that he is really going to miss his big sister. He said she mentioned she planned on coming home alot...she was going to miss the family. I remember being at a totally different place. I wanted to go home, but wanted to spread my wings of independence.

As this new year begins I'm excited to see who these freshmen become. They will find their place here at AU, and take the next steps into their big new future!

So for the next year, I will let my arms rest. I should probably start working out so that I can be prepared for next year's freshmen and all that their little cars may bring!

No comments: