8.05.2010

One the Road

No, I'm not traveling, but I'm on the road to what I have committed (rather recommitted) to doing.

One step in the direction I want to be going. I found a gig. A writing gig that is. Not that I ever had writing on my list of things to do in life. I have for the longest time wanted to make some extra cash, contribute to our little nest egg (is that the right phrase?) OK, just get at good cushion. I'm taking the family through the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover and we need anything we can to pay off debt so we're not 60 yrs old when its done. So I'm writing..and will be getting paid for it. Start off at making beans, but it will add up over time as I get to feel more confident and create more space. This is all made possibly by my great friend Sarah and TruYu Resources . Great resource for mom's who want to stay at home, someone who wants to pick up some extra cash working from home, or someone who just wants to work from hom with options. She's got legit work from home jobs. Highly recommend her services!

Also, I've made it to work on time. ON TIME. Probably doesn't sound like much, but I've let myself slide more than I want. I get my hours in, but I'm not always in at 9 AM when I should be. I have the flexibility with my job, but I don't want to take advantage of that. So I'm making that commitment. I know 9 AM doesn't seem like a bad time or that it should really be hard. Keep in mind my nights are typically later than most. And it will only start to get worse when students arrive back in the dorms full swing. So I'm trying to start good habits now.

Anyway, the past few days have been good. Steps in the right direction...we're moving forward!
Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

1 comment:

Sarah Boesing said...

So I found your blog a while ago and wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm especially excited to read about this writing gig. I love writing (if you haven't noticed) and I've been published a couple of times. It was a sweet feeling getting that paycheck in the mail. You'll have to let me know how it goes for you! And I'll try not to keep you up too late so you can get to work on time, but I can't make any promises. ;)