10.08.2008

Some good things come from Traveling

I love the feeling of Independence and having the self esteem to be able to eat by myself. I enjoyed a GREAT lunch at Bravo...one of my favs! Oh I was so excited about the Ensalda Del aCasa. I can taste it now just thinking about it! And their Peach Tea!! Fantastic!

I was able to read a little bit, but really I don't remember anything I read. I was to busy thinking about the bread and GREAT dipping oil they have. Topped with the big chunks of shaved Parmesan cheese.

Plus you get to meet new people who share some of the same things in common (jobs!) I had a dinner/snack with some other admissions and recruiting people from other schools. This one guy, old enough to be my father, was really sweet. He even stopped by to say goodbye and to tell me to have a safe trip!

It was a bit of a long two days on the road, but I made it through with some energy in tack. (For those who don't know, I had a High school college fair in Southern Indiana on Tuesday night and then another college fair just north of Cincinnati OH tonight) I was really jazzed tonight as the last few conversations (which were really good) were with Freshmen in High school and their parents. I am just excited that there are some students who are thinking ahead in life. They may not know what they want to do yet, but at least they are looking forward to something more than just tomorrow!

3 comments:

Magadan Clan said...

Have fun & be travel safe!

Sarah said...

How could you eat there without me?

So by eating alone- do you mean you went there and had lunch at a table by yourself? I wish I had the nerve to do that. I know a lot of people do it but I still feel dumb. Maybe if I put a suit on and did it i wouldn't feel dumb-like I'm having a "working lunch". HA HA- pathetic. :)

Torres is the last name... said...

Sarah you could always take your computer and bust it out as if you have business to do! I tried to read some of my book, but I didn't really take to much in. It is easier to do when you're not in your home town.