9.22.2008

Turning over an Old Leaf...

You know the saying..Turning over a New Leaf...well I'm revamping it to fit ME (how post modern I know)

But honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've said..I'm going to start anew. I'm going to change this and start doing this. Then a week later...back to the old business. I know I'm not the only one, but I am a HUGE offender of this.

So I'm not starting anything new, I'm just revamping and recharging what I've said I was going to do. I'm turning over an Old Leaf.

Here is a list of a few things I am going to do.

1. Take inventory of whats in my kitchen cabinets so I know what I have so I can eat in, rather than out.
2. I will not eat out until I have paid off a credit card. The less I eat out, the more that goes towards that credit card and the quicker it gets paid off.
3. I am going to watch every penny...literally. Using only cash. I'm debating on whether or not to take out my debit cards (I already do not carry my credit cards) and only carrying cash.
4.Making a grocery list, cutting coupons, and STICKING TO IT! I used to be good at planning meals, then I slipped. So back to planning meals and posting the Menu for the week.
5.Work out a few times a week. I'm getting into shape.
6. Finish the book I started. **
7. Wrote notes and letters to people.
8. Drink more water, less other stuff.
9. Cut back on Sugar.
10.Keep it clean around the house! Then it doesn't pile up and I don't get as frustrated!

I've started these all before. But today, I started again at lunch time. I ate at home for lunch (had both veggie and fruit with a bologna sandwich on wheat). I cleaned up my dishes that I used for lunch. I packed my bag for Water Aerobics tonight. I have my Nalgene full of water to drink today. And I planned (in my head) tonight's dinner using what we have in the fridge!

I have a friend who has a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Seems a bit to intimidating to me at this point. I like the idea, but I'm going to take it in baby steps. So wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey- good luck! I know you can change things one bit at a time. If you ever need any motivation let me know. You know me and my obsessive data-compilations of all the money I save using coupons and what-not. :) We're using envelops from Dave Ramsey and it seems to work. I can only highlight my hair when I put enough money into the envelope from saving on other categories. UGH- that will be a tough one! :)

Torres is the last name... said...

Oh crap...I didn't even take that into consideration! MAN!!!!

I do have a budget of "spending money" but I hate blowing that all in one place. I am going to hold out as long as possible.

Magadan Clan said...

Baby steps. You can do it! I would suggest focusing on one habit at a time. They say it takes 30 days to make a habit. My picks for these topics - daveramsey.com (of course), flylady.com, and savingdinner.com.

Good Luck! And I love the old leaf. You don't need to start over from scratch because everything you have been through in the past has brought you to where you are. And it looks good on you!

Eric Weis said...

Looks like a good list. You can do it!